Sunday, June 5, 2011

Precious Treasures

On her A Woman Distracted blog Boom told us about her precious Madame Alexander doll Amy, and how she wonders what will become of it when she is gone. I too have one of these kinds of keepsakes. I still have my stuffed elephant Ellie that my grandmother gave me for my 1st birthday. I am holding it a picture of my mom took of me on my birthday.

Grandma Ireland  died when I was 3 years old, so it has always been very treasured. As a little girl I would hug that elephant and think about my grandma, and how much she must have loved me to have given me such a wonderful toy.

Recently one of my daughters was saying how she loved how soft and silky its fur is after all this time...I have had her for 62 years! My advice to Boom is to keep sweet Amy and will her to a precious child or friend who will love her and think of you when you are gone. That is what I am doing with my Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment